An IAG International Symposium
on Gravity, Geoid
& Earth Observation 2008
23-27 June 2008.
Centre of Mediterranean Architecture,
Chania, Crete, Greece.
The symposium aims at bringing together geodesists and geophysicists working in the general areas of gravity, geoid, geodynamics and Earth observation. Besides covering the traditional research areas, special attention will be paid to the use of geodetic methods for
- Earth observation,
- Environmental monitoring,
- Global Geodetic Observing System (GGOS)
- Earth Gravity Models (e.g., EGM08),
- Geodynamics studies,
- Dedicated gravity satellite missions (i.e., GOCE),
- Airborne gravity surveys,
- Geodesy & geodynamics in polar regions, and
- The integration of geodetic and geophysical information.