- 16-November-2010: Springer has delivered the books for the GGEO2008 Proceedings. We have started mailing them to participants.
- 18-August-2010: Springer has notified us today that the expected publication date for the GGEO2008 Proceedings will be October 2010. As soon as we have the Proceedings delivered to us, we will immediately mail them to participants.
- 4-March-2009: The submitted papers for the IAG Symposium Proceedings have been reviewed by an International Scientific Committee. In very short time, the accepted papers are to be sent to Springer-Verlag for publication. Those participants who have already paid their dues will receive a copy of those GGEO2008 proceedings.
- 31-January-2008: The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 29 February, 2008.
- 1-March-2008: The abstract submission has been closed. No more abstracts will be accepted.
- 4-March-2008: The total number of abstracts submitted amounts to 299.
- 31-March-2008: Review of abstracts has been completed.
- 8-April-2008: Notifications to authors for paper acceptance are being sent.
- 15-April-2008: All authors for oral and poster presentations have been notified. If you have not received a notification regarding your submitted abstract, please get in touch with us.
- Participants who require an invitation letter for a VISA issuance, please write to us and we will send that letter to you immediately.
- 16-April-2008: We have been notified by the Hotel Porto Veneziano that there has been a technical problem with their computer and some of the reservations have not been kept. Participants who have not received a confirmation for their reservation from the Hotel Porto Veneziano should get in touch with the Hotel immediately. This hotel is now fully booked.
- 10-June-2008: Speakers' complimentary breakfast. Every morning from 7:30-8:10 there would be a complimentary breakfast given at the Arsenali (Symposium Venue) for the morning Session Chairs and all speakers giving an oral presentation in that morning. The arrangement is for about 15 speakers every morning. This is going to happen every day. In that way, there would be an opportunity for all Chairs to meet all speakers of that morning Session, see if there are any oral cancellations, arrange replacement presentations if that is the case, and for the authors to provide their Power Point Presentation files to the technical staff. The afternoon Session Chairs will have a chance to do the same with the afternoon speakers during lunch.
- 16-June-2008: Registration. The registration desk will be open 17:00-19:00 on Sunday 22 June 2008 (before the welcome reception). It will also be open early at 7:30 in the morning of Monday 23 June 2008 and onwards every day.
- 17-June-2008: GGEO2008 Symposium bus at the Chania airport. There would be a bus at the Chania airport to take Symposium participants to their hotels on Sunday 22 June 2008 at 10:30 a.m. This will cover the Aegean and Olympic Airlines arriving from Athens at 10:00 am. The bus will wait outside the airport for that purpose and would be courtesy of the Local Organizing Committee. Please watch for the sign to the bus at the airport.
Arrival Information: Those of you who arrive at the Chania airport (Code:CHQ, I. Daskalogiannis), please note that:
- The airport is 12 km away from the city,
- Taxi service is available outside the airport terminal. The cost of a taxi fare from the airport to Chania is about 15-20 € (one-way) (there is a surcharge because of the airport and the luggage),
- there are very few public buses from the airport to the city, (Daily, at 07:15, 10:30, 19:30, Ticket Price = 2.10 €, Travel time = about 30 minutes),
- there are rent car facilities and cash withdrawal and exchange services through ATM at the airport.